Steps to take to find and enroll in your new school
We’re here to support every step of that way. After you’ve applied to Bright Rides, the next important piece is finding and enrolling in a Denver school that best fits your family’s needs. See an overview of those steps below and be sure to reach out to a Bright Rides representative for more information.
1. Find a school
Find an eligible, high-performing school in Denver that best fits your student’s unique needs.
If your student is not already enrolled in a Denver school, the DPS enrollment period is the time to start researching your options and applying to your top schools.
- See the list of eligible schools students are able to attend through Bright Rides.
- Research those schools to see which may be the best fit. Some useful resources include:
- Consider touring the schools you’re most interested in to see them in person and ask questions.
Work with the Bright Rides team to complete the enrollment process and apply to your selected Denver schools during the Round 1 enrollment window 10 a.m. Jan. 13 to 4 p.m. Feb. 14, 2023.
Once you have your top schools picked, it’s time to apply. As a note, DPS uses an enrollment system that matches students based on their preferences, as well as school admission priorities and available space. Enrollment is not guaranteed, so we recommend applying to multiple schools. Here is an overview of how to apply:
- Visit the DPS Choice and Enrollment page and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Rank your top school choices in the online application between 10 a.m. Jan. 13 to 4 p.m Feb. 14. You are able to list up to 12 schools that you would like to attend, in your order of preference.
- Keep an eye out for the school placement results, which will be shared in late March 2023.
3. Catch a ride
Students in the Bright Rides program receive free transportation to their new Denver school.
After you’ve learned your placement results, it’s time to get set up with Bright Rides to ensure your free ride for the 2023-24 school year.
- Follow any steps to accept your school placement and register with the school.
- Plan your ride! Get in touch with your Bright Rides representative to start planning your rides for the upcoming school year.
- As the new school year approaches, the Bright Rides team will work with you to finalize the transportation schedule and details.